MUSIC PRODUCTION COURSE DESCRIPTION
Enroll for this music production and audio engineering course and learn how to make beats, record songs, mixing and mastering. At the end of the program students are able to produce songs on any of the following DAWs (production software) such as FL studio, Cubase, Reason, Sony Acid, Logic Pro and also knowing how to use editing and mastering software such as SoundForge, Izotope Ozone.
Students will also have the basic knowledge on how to setup an home recording studio, allowing them to be able to setup up their own studio for their personal or public use.
- Windows PC/laptop.
- Portable Usb Condenser Microphones.
- Nanokeys & Nanopads Midi controllers for PC/Ipads.
- DAWs: FL STUDIO, CUBASE,REASON, SONY ACID.
- Ozone Mastering Guide.
- Studio grade headphones.
What is the target audience?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in learning music production and audio engineering.
- This course is aimed at beginners, so no previous experience is necessary
At the end of this course, student will be able to produce songs professionally , be able to setup recording studios and operate audio equipment’s effectively
Module 1: The Novice
- what is music production
- music production steps.
Sound & Its Characteristics
- What is sound
- behavior of Sound waves ( reflection, absorption, interference)
- characteristics of sound ( pitch, loudness, timbre, dynamics)
- Audio signals (analog & Digital signals)
Setting up your recording studio
- Setting your studio goals
- Budget planning
- Location Planning
- Acquiring the right equipments ( microphones, midi & audio equipments, mixers, signal processors)
- connecting your studio equipments( Analog & digital connectors)
- understanding your signal chain.
- Basic Soundproofing & acoustic treatment
Module 2: The Music Producer
- Introduction to DAWs
- Components of DAWs
- Introduction to FL studio
- Introduction to Pro-toolz
- Introduction to Sony Acid
- Introduction To Cubase
- Capturing Midi
- Midi editing
- Creating your first instrumentation.
- Creating your first Arrangement
- Automation & creating events.
Audio Recording & Live instrumentation.
- Understanding microphone placements
- Capturing Audio
- Multitracking & audio recording techniques
- Audio editing
Module 3: The Mixing Engineer
- We train the you on how to mix and master songs or any audio project. We introduce you to basic mixing techniques, frequencies, mastering tools such as limiters, exciters, equalizers, multiband compressors. We also explain basic audio formats such as MP3, WAV, OGG, e.t.c.
- The mixing console (Framework, signal chain)
- signal Processors, Insert Fx, FX send and returns
- Equalizers, types, parametric eqs, Bandwith, spectrum analysis and frequency Matching
- Dynamic Processors, Types,threshold, ratio, Gain
- Compressors, peak and average signal analysis. determining threshold level and ratio
- Noise Gates, noise floor analysis, De-essers
- Limiters and Expanders
- Effects Processors, Reverbs, Delays, Pitch Correction(autotune)
- Creating your first mix
Introduction to Mastering.
- Mastering processors, Introduction to Izotope Ozone
- Multi band Compressors
- Exciters and volume maximizers
- Exporting your Project, audio types and conversion rates