Getting your mix to sound great is an art, done in the right acoustic environment, with right tools and technique, mixing and mastering is the final step to making your audio projects sound really great.
We teach you basic and advanced mixing techniques, frequencies, mastering tools such as limiters, exciters, equalizers, multiband compressors. and understanding the right acoustic space perfect for mixing. We also explain basic audio formats such as MP3, WAV, OGG, e.t.c.
- Windows PC/laptop.
- Portable Usb Condenser Microphones.
- Nanokeys & Nanopads Midi controllers for PC/Ipads.
- DAWs: FL STUDIO, CUBASE,REASON, SONY ACID.
- Ozone Mastering Guide.
- Studio grade headphones.
What is the target audience?
- This course is intended for anyone interested in learning how to mix and master audio projects.
- This course is aimed at Producers with experience on DAWs and audio equipments.
At the end of this course, student will be able to mix and master songs or any audio project.
Module 1: The Mixing Engineer
- perception of sound volume and pitch
- Mixing Console
- Acoustic panels, bass traps, speakers and acoustic panel placements
- signal Processors, Insert Fx, FX send and returns
- Equalizers, types, parametric eqs, Bandwith, spectrum analysis and frequency Matching
- Dynamic Processors, Types,threshold, ratio, Gain Compressors, peak and average signal analysis. determining threshold level and ratio
- Noise Gates, noise floor analysis, De-essers
- Limiters and Expanders
- Effects Processors, Reverbs, Delays, Pitch Correction(autotune)
Module 2: The Mastering Engineer
- Introduction to Mastering processors, Izotope Ozone
- Multi band Compressors
- Exciters and volume maximizers
- Exporting your Project, audio types and conversion rates